Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Transcendentalism Creative Art


The illustration that I made is a tree that has broken some of its branches off with its own hands and is now holding them up. The tree and the hands represents a human who has broken down a little bit but is still holding themself up. Also, I included two Chinese symbols around the tree. The one on the left stands for respect and the one on the right represents nature. These two words I found very relevant to the transcendentalism way of thinking so I decided to surround the "broken" tree with them. Lastly, I put the phrase "Carpe Diem" underneath the tree which means seize the day. I thought that it was motivational and had to do with self satisfaction and decisions which are very important to transcendentalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment